#
#
Boss Hog/ Rowe out cross blood , collaboration getting close
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bullyvard Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Boss Hog/ Rowe out cross blood , collaboration getting close Reply with quote

Getting close to working out a great callaboration with an Old Timmer in the Breed I have always had a lot of respect for. Eric Rowe, his dogs are very consistant and are proven workers on hogs and in man work. His bloodline is bred from multi shots of Hoss Hog blood, some Painter Iron Axe Head, BBK and Hines...Zero JDJ.
We just need to get the time to exchange dogs and pups. I think people will be shocked how block headed his dogs are. I am really psyched about this callaboration.
here is some Video of Boss Hog, he worked at Dorsey's Throphy hunting lodge, daily and was a legendary catch dog.

This is an Inbred Boss Hog son, Boss Hog bred to his niece

hog catches

This is another Dorsey dog related call Hogg Hammer

Rudolph_ABs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!!!!
The CATCHDOG HIGHLIGHTS video is the best .... Those guys are putting in work.... It'll be interesting to see what you & Eric put together .
KNUCKLEHEAD
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's video was dope
Showtime Kennels
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got some of Erics blood on my yard also hes produced some PSA titles dogs also... good blood to mess with.. But way so much on "NO JDJ"?
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudolph_ABs wrote:
NICE!!!!
The CATCHDOG HIGHLIGHTS video is the best .... Those guys are putting in work.... It'll be interesting to see what you & Eric put together .

Yea those Catch dogs are something else.

Its going down in a few weeks, should be two male pups ,a female pup and a female adult. We'll see how the pups turn out, I'm hoping the blood clicks. I'll be breeding the Adult female probably to Joe in a few months she is lined Boss hog, and Iron Axe Head, tightly bred for generation by Eric and she is a Blocky bitch.......Keep in touch of I have something you like in these up coming litters its all yours.

two pups are Heavy Iron Axe Head and Boss Hog all Rowe dogs.......the one male is very tight Boss Hog. I like the heads, muzzles and proportion of these dogs.........and the performance with kid safe temperaments...........

Rowe's Pride Rock meets the Brave Heart Game Changers, can't wait

Showtime Kennels
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BHBulldogs wrote:
Rudolph_ABs wrote:
NICE!!!!

Its going down in a few weeks, should be two male pups ,a female pup and a female adult. We'll see how the pups turn out, I'm hoping the blood clicks. I'll be breeding the Adult female probably to Joe in a few months she is lined Boss hog, and Iron Axe Head, tightly bred for generation by Eric and she is a Blocky bitch.......Keep in touch of I have something you like in these up coming litters its all yours.

two pups are Heavy Iron Axe Head and Boss Hog all Rowe dogs.......the one male is very tight Boss Hog. I like the heads, muzzles and proportion of these dogs.........and the performance with kid safe temperaments...........

Damn nice breeding!!!!
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showtime Kennels wrote:
BHBulldogs wrote:
Rudolph_ABs wrote:
NICE!!!!

Damn nice breeding!!!!

Thanks
bu11yn00b82
Street Thug

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showtime Kennels wrote:
Ive got some of Erics blood on my yard also hes produced some PSA titles dogs also... good blood to mess with.. But way so much on "NO JDJ"?

Also on consistency. Rowes dogs are all over the map. Good workers , yes

but they run the gamut from cur dog to boxer as far as looks go. A nice outcross to any line, but ust be ready to sift through pups.
"Thirty spokes converge on a single hub, but it is in the space where there is nothing that the usefulnes of the cart lies. Therefore, benefit may be derived from something, but it is in nothing that we find usefulness" -Tao te ching author Lao Tzu
alexander_prodèr
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice hl, love to see the dogs work!

"Why be good when you can be great"
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bu11yn00b82 wrote:
Showtime Kennels wrote:

Also on consistency. Rowes dogs are all over the map. Good workers , yes

but they run the gamut from cur dog to boxer as far as looks go. A nice outcross to any line, but ust be ready to sift through pups.

Its funny you see it that way because I see it 180 degree different. Maybe I'm just looking at certain physical aspects, Rowe's dogs to me have that Boss Hog brick head, thick, heavy, broad muzzles. I see that Muzzle over and over no matter how they are bred. That is one thing that drew me to them, the huge nostrils, wide muzzle, broad chin,domed nasal cavity. Also the stocky build and proportion.

this is the head,muzzle I'm after, good length to the muzzle, but wide, heavy, blunt, big nasal cavity, huge nostrils, thick powerful head and jaws. This is what I see in most Rowe dogs, that Boss Hog cinder black head.

BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boss Hog and friends

BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting close to getting my new out................. Moma and Daughter

Chelle the mom I'm leasing for one breeding with Joe....can't wait to do this....Rowe's Chelle is heavy Boss Hog and Iron Axe Head.

She reminds me of the Original Dick the Bruiser type.....I breeding her because of her ability, she is bitch with a lot of push and Ability

THE PUP IS

8 times max(Boss Hog son) ,3x Rowe's Coal 2 x Power House's Iron Axe Head ,
3x Tank two x Rowe's Xena two x Rowe's Maxi (max 2) and both Rowe's Zeus and Rowe's Nondii. The only true out is off Joshua's Caleb. Lewis's Rest in peace is off white knight dogs
That is 10 times Boss Hog on nearly 100% test dogs on wild Board going back 8 generations

I can not wait to see how this tightly bred performance line blends with the Game Changer Blood and Joqcology blood........got a property all locked up for after deer season to hunt wild board, in the next several generations I plan on testing catching ability and function in the woods and use it as a breed suitability test above anything else. Call me a standard breeder I don't give a fly flipper..I'm following what I want to hell with the bully crowd, keep breeding on olde traits and little else.......I'm CHANGING THE GAME till the day I can't anymore.

BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pups 8 weeks

Mom and Dad

one of my keepers

BH Dr Of Jaqcology aka Doc

Levine
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vito what made you start wanting to use these type of dogs? Doug use to have a Ol' Southern White bitch that was off the chain my didn't you ever incorporate that blood then? Nyga's Royal White Diamond.
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levine wrote:
Vito what made you start wanting to use these type of dogs? Doug use to have a Ol' Southern White bitch that was off the chain my didn't you ever incorporate that blood then? Nyga's Royal White Diamond.

I remember Clyde to Diamond, looking back it was probably a good idea....at the time I was just starting out, back then I did not care for Diamond I was all wrapped up in hips and improving structure, and i like super bully, and muscle. Back then I was like a lot of Bully people I saw the JDJ blood as cool and the Standard blood pit/houndy.........I've come a long way since 1998 in my knowledge and experience. I know a lot more now and what I thought I could accomplish back then I now know beyond a shadow of a doubt the limits of JDJ Blood........and in 16 more years a hope I've learned more.Looking back I wish I'd of out crossed to all kinds of Standard / Old Southern White blood, to cut down on a lot of genertic junk in the JDJ gene pool....back then everyone just knew if you bred to a standard dog you'd lose the bully look forever. Now I know better and I also understand the 2in muzzles suck.......;...that giant square hean with the mail box muzzle is WTF i should have been working towards. Now all these years later i finally learned ....my goal is 2.5-3in muzzles 4-5inch wide with a fat cranium, big cheek muscle and big teeth.

Looking bavk I should have used Bear more, I only used him once.....I should off bred him to performance standard bitches and slowly worked back towards medium bully type............but that is the trick, looking back it is easy to see your mistakes, looking forward you guessing.......like most things in life the answer are right under your nose....but you just don't see it....there is an old Chinese proverb that says when the student is really the teacher will come....well I guess i wasn't ready....Breeding Dogs is not a science it is an Art, and you don't learn or get better talking, or thinking, or dreaming about it, you've got to do it.......a Great Artist/Painter learns by painting over and over, trail and error, till he gets proficent at creating Mister Pieces.....a Master of any art works many many many Days weeks Years to perfect his work....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bullyvard Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: