#
#
Stout's Boss Hog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bullyvard Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Stout's Boss Hog Reply with quote

Story of a true working bulldog.
While I don't know this dog personally or had the pleasure to see him work I have grown fawn of his performance and work ethic on the hunting fields , allot has been written about Bosshogs back ground some good some bad but no one bother to ask Boss what he thought I am sure if he were to speak he would say ask the dead hogs they know best .
Boss is a smaller size bulldog short legged locomotive not typical of what most people like to see in an American bulldog , but what Boss lack in size he made it in heart , his drive and eagerness to confront his opponent is a statement to my saying combat knows no, color, size , pedigree or time of the day just what works and what does not work .
In the woods Boss actions were very predictable he perform an catch what ever he was told to catch what more can you ask from a true hunting bulldog .
Bosshog start his young career at Jay Dorsey hunter lodge and there he typed his working resume in the woods as a reliable catch dog James Stout told me that many times Boss was cut and battered catching multiple hogs in a day and he never took a step backward threw fatigue or injury Boss kept working as a true bulldog should , James also tells me that when he first saw Boss he said damn this dog been threw a chain saw , while I have only watch a small video portions of his catching trails in the woods I can appreciate his hard biting style and lack of self preservation and speed to the prey , Boss was a straight head dog that he did not regroup before he hit the hog something I adore in a working dog , he take off 5 feet before impact and slam with no hesitation his attitude was one hit one bite and its over you have to kill me of pry me off this beast .
What has impress me the most about Boss Style is his commitment to getting his first grip even when blown away by large powerful hogs he simply try to counter in mid air I have seen this in great protection dogs and in some good catch dogs but most rethink the situation or try to approach the enemy from a different angle once they have been rejected the first few grips but the great ones like Boss refuse to be denied they just seem to scoop the grip on the counter in mid air , yea how you like me Now! .
Boss die in the hands of his son Rebel in a kennel fight while it is a tragedy at least he went down to his own son , Boss has produce allot of proven catch dogs not just title dogs but wood dogs , his offspring is a statement to his to his genetic ability to reproduce himself , I like to thank James and Laura Stouts for allowing to share my experience with this great Hunting dog Boss Hog , he was a true honest bulldog and so are the Stouts they are true bulldoggers and don't straddle the fence when it comes to what's a pretty good working bulldog and what is a pretty bred bulldog .

I've been researching Standard Performance Blood for the last 15 years, its a mine field of half truths and exaggerations, not to mention, so many have left the breed and the blood is dying off.

Staut's Boss Hog of Dorsey keep popping up as a proven producer of working Boar Catching dogs....... He is behind some very Successful lines like King Heaven dogs, ........Like I said just like with the Bully ABs its hard to navigate the BS and in this breed there are a few people with the dog savy and honesty to be trusted. I've found some help from someone I've always respected as a straight shooter, someone I used to see at Catch trial 15 yrs ago, who has consistantly had working performers on hogs. It is set and I'm doing a first breeding very soon with one of my best proven producers to a linebred Rowe Pride Rock dog stacked with what I see as some of the best stacked Boss Hoss blood.......this is a total out cross breeding, never before introduced these two bloodlines......this blood is rare, way off the radar of bully breeders, and very limited in the standard breeders, its produced tons of working catch dogs, sport dogs and ch conformation dogs......I feel very blessed to be given the opprotunity to work with Eric Rowe, we have talked over the years and like I said he is the real deal and I can't thank him enough for entertaining this opprotunity. No one can predict what an outcross breeding will produce, but I am so excited to enter into this adventure.

T Max is the stud I'll be using for my 4th Standard AB outcross, I can't wait for this breeding to go down

Boss Hogg
was basically a Old Southern Catch dog, that worked on Jay Dorsey's Hunting Lodge as a catch dogs...his ability as a catch dog was legendary.

Here is his son Rowe's Max, also a proven Catch dog, his botoom side goes back to early Stover and dog that made up some foundation dogs of Scott/Painter

Max produced Rowe's Maxi, another proven catch dog

Rowe's Tank and other Max Progeny and 2 x Boss Hog

progeny of the progent Rowe's T Max..Multi shot's of Max, Maxi and Tank

Its going to be Boss Hog meet BMJ.....if this breeding is a success it will give me the flexability to stack BMJ's blood more since he is so inbred
Nooner
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY V! MY BUDDY SCOTTY AND I HAVE BEEN TALKING A LONG TIME ABOUT TRYING TO FIND THE BLOOD OF THIS BOY UP CLOSE. HERE'S A LITTLE VID FOR YA!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_O0khoVR-0&feature=related
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooner wrote:
HEY V! MY BUDDY SCOTTY AND I HAVE BEEN TALKING A LONG TIME ABOUT TRYING TO FIND THE BLOOD OF THIS BOY UP CLOSE. HERE'S A LITTLE VID FOR YA!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_O0khoVR-0&feature=related

cool video I ve seen him on the old hines video......its surprising how short and stocky he was

BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a vid of his sis back in the day

BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billican
Street Thug

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boys got a country boy x snowbird breeding 2 times 6 deep in my dogs ped. He's a good boy. Im a hybrid fan and of course some what biased. He has that snowbird look. Never been tested on hogs but a couple of his siblings have and been given thumbs up from said dogs owners.
Heart, function and intelligence make this breed of dog so amazing to own.

Heres a boring vid of him. Sorry if ive taken thread a little of topic

http://youtu.be/zPiBUORYLSY
Billican
Street Thug

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boys got a country boy x snowbird breeding 2 times 6 deep in my dogs ped. He's a good boy. Im a hybrid fan and of course some what biased. He has that snowbird look. Never been tested on hogs but a couple of his siblings have and been given thumbs up from said dogs owners.
Heart, function and intelligence make this breed of dog so amazing to own.

Heres a boring vid of him. Sorry if ive taken thread a little of topic

http://youtu.be/zPiBUORYLSY
Rudolph_ABs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!!!!!

Love to see post with real working Bulldogs in it!!
Nothing beats a Bulldog that is essential for their handler/master to complete their task & objectives. Hog catching & high level working (I.E military, police, search & rescue, & cadaver dogs) are what turned me onto OSW's & AB's.. Sadly they dont bred them (AB's) like they use to and
the ones that are still around are far & few between. Times changed and so did their function as a whole.

Awesome Topic.

Do you have any footage of Rowe's Max T?
up-on-one
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE IT !!! BOSS HOG WAS A SPECIAL BULLDOG FROM THE STORIES I HEARD .......THAT WAS BACK WHEN BULLDOGS WERE KNOWN FOR THERE TENACITY AND ABILITY TO DO TASKS Wink CRACKS ME UP HALF THESE SO CALLED BIG NAME STUDS WOULDNT LAST TEN SECONDS WITH BOSS HOGS LADY FRIENDS NOT ALONE THE MAN !!!! I HAVE HEARD STORIES ABOUT OUIJA CATCHING HOGS IN HER OLDER DAYS MISSING ALMOST ALL OF HER TEETH !!!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD EYE MY FRIEND Very Happy
up-on-one
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE IT !!! BOSS HOG WAS A SPECIAL BULLDOG FROM THE STORIES I HEARD .......THAT WAS BACK WHEN BULLDOGS WERE KNOWN FOR THERE TENACITY AND ABILITY TO DO TASKS Wink CRACKS ME UP HALF THESE SO CALLED BIG NAME STUDS WOULDNT LAST TEN SECONDS WITH BOSS HOGS LADY FRIENDS NOT ALONE THE MAN !!!! I HAVE HEARD STORIES ABOUT OUIJA CATCHING HOGS IN HER OLDER DAYS MISSING ALMOST ALL OF HER TEETH !!!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD EYE MY FRIEND Very Happy
Rudolph_ABs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

up-on-one wrote:
THAT WAS BACK WHEN BULLDOGS WERE KNOWN FOR THERE TENACITY AND ABILITY TO DO TASKS Wink CRACKS ME UP HALF THESE SO CALLED BIG NAME STUDS WOULDNT LAST TEN SECONDS WITH BOSS HOGS LADY FRIENDS LET ALONE THE MAN !!!!

PREACH!!!! LOL
I would pay to see a couple of these BIG NAME STUDS WORK, with the except of a few....
That just goes to show TYPE Trumps FUNCTION these days.

I know folks have busy schedules & there own agendas, but it would be nice to get the CONSENSUS top five or ten studs in the states at one show competing in strictly Working events & Temperament Testing to see if their TYPE truely follows FUNCTION. Right or wrong just something I would love to see & would be great for the breed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bullyvard Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: