#
#
PennHip prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bullyvard Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightShadowAB
Lookout

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: PennHip prices Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm looking into getting my male Jager's PennHip done soon. I called the closest one to where I live (a place called Bluepearl Veterinary Partners in Nashville, TN) and they quoted me at $700-800 for the procedure, which includes the anesthesia, x-rays and all. I was wondering what you guys normally pay for your PennHip procedures, and whether the price I was quoted seemed reasonable or not. I'm getting it done for him regardless of the price, but I just wanted to see what you guys usually pay. Thanks a bunch!!
paulweldon
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my vet does it for 250-300, that includes everything. i think you can find a better price i would shop.
-Paul Weldon-
SIMPLYINCREDABUL
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my area, it is anywhere from $175 (which is ridiculously low, in a good way!) to $600. I think that $700-800 is extremely high. I would shop around. They are ripping you off for that.
Street Thug

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 2 vet's in the area that do penn-hips one is $525 and the other which I use is $353.I would say $700-$800 is extremely high.The higher vet in my area makes you get the dog microchipped before they do a penn-hip so that's some of the extra charge.Do some searches on the penn-hip site.
NightShadowAB
Lookout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your replies. Now I'm really feeling like that's a rip off. lol. Been trying to find places in Tennessee that do PennHip but seem to be having trouble with it. Looks like I'm definitely gonna be shopping around some more. Thanks!!
JORDY
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$350-$400 here in southern indiana! Sucks to spend it, but well worth it. I have a dog being checked on Thursday, so I can give you an exact amount after all is said and done if you like.

Paul Jordan
http://www.bullpullkennels.com
PureDetermination
Street Thug

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a PH done for $200. But I opted to do OFA hips and elbows also and the total price was about $300. This Vet is in S.Jersey 15 Min from the Univ. of Penn. ..... I called the Univ. to see if it would be cheaper to go to the source. I thought maybe they would use it for training of students and be cheaper....... NOPE they are double the vet 15 min away. $ 400 for just hips, Go Figure

Mike
LEK Bullies
Street Thug

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, ph and ofa hips and elbows all for $300. Now that's a good deal!!! Sara we are def gonna have to do some more shopping around! Does anyone live even just a couple hours away from Nashville that has a place that it would be beneficial for us to bring Jager? I'm willing to drive to Atlanta, Louisville, etc. While we are on the subject, what other health checks does everyone do with their dogs. I want to really start putting my dogs through the ringer as far as health checks are concerned. I know there is probably a test out there for practically everything, but that really isn't feasible, so what does everyone feel are MOST important?
NightShadowAB
Lookout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JORDY wrote:
$350-$400 here in southern indiana! Sucks to spend it, but well worth it. I have a dog being checked on Thursday, so I can give you an exact amount after all is said and done if you like.

That would be great!!! Thanks a bunch!!

Yeah Acacia we may have to end up driving out of state for PennHip. Which is fine, however it sure would be nice to find a decently priced one close to home. Like you said we're just gonna have to keep shopping! I think with the OFA you must have your dog under 24 months microchipped or tattooed, is that correct? Yes, Acacia and I are really cracking down on our health checks, so let us know what you guys believe are the most important screenings outside of hips and elbows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bullyvard Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: