#
#
The Bully AB HOLY GRAILE.....and I'm breeding to him now
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bullyvard Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: The Bully AB HOLY GRAILE.....and I'm breeding to him now Reply with quote

The Bully AB HOLY GRAIL.....and I'm breeding to him right now

If you've ever wondered where the Bully AB would be today if No English were crossed in No St Bernard, No DDB, ......if they just used Dick the Bruiser and other Southern Catch dogs.......Where would Function be, Where would breathing be, what would the gene pool be today.......well I've found a breeder that I think has created a line that might be the closest to that very scenario.
Eric Rowe I've know for over 15 years, I used to see him and his dogs at Catch Trial back in the day, his dogs always caught. He is many generations deep line breeding Stout's Boss Hog, and Painter Blood......all of that early Painter blood was line bred in Dick the Bruiser, more so than the JDJ line, because of Dixie man, Scott stack Dick the Bruiser more than Johnson did, Johnson stacked Mac the Masher through his son Sandman, and even more so on King Kong. I got this dogs Sister and Niece.....the old Southern Catch dog type that this breed was built off of, the have wide blunt Muzzles, reverse scissor tight, hard pallets super clean breathing, and every generation he selected on dogs prov-en to catch........I am so thrilled to have Eric willing to work with me.....he is from the performance side and willing to help me with my goal of a true performance Brave Heart line.....We share a goal of trying to bridge the two type and breed back to the traditional working southern catch bulldog. I am breeding my female Kat Von E to his unbelievable male Thor. I can not wait to see what the cross produces...a very typey , proven functional AB, selected on function many generations deep....This dude is 6 x Boss Hog 4 x Iron Axe Head that is line bred Dick the Bruiser with no WCHH blood.

Look at this dog....his head is a block, his muzzle is so wide and substaincial, huge nasal cavity, big nose, wide chin,...great proprtion, great angulation, and very tight undershot, nostrils big enough to hold a number 2 pencil...I just love this dog.

Eric is opening Thor up for stud, his stud fee is 1500$ to approved bitches...............e mail him Niasplace@yahoo.com
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BH Mytay of Rowe.........she is Thors Niece, I got her last Sataurday and am so impressed with her so far,,,,,,she has great structure, and great angulation, and dispite that short muzzle here bite is Standard reverse scisser. I also got her Mother for one breeding, Rowe's Diamond is Thor's sister.

BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowe's line is linebred on Boss Hog and early Painter blood...a hog catching strain.

I've been researching Standard Performance Blood for the last 15 years, its a mine field of half truths and exaggerations, not to mention, so many have left the breed and the blood is dying off.

Staut's Boss Hog of Dorsey keep popping up as a proven producer of working Boar Catching dogs....... He is behind some very Successful lines like King Heaven dogs, ........Like I said just like with the Bully ABs its hard to navigate the BS and in this breed there are a few people with the dog savy and honesty to be trusted. I've found some help from someone I've always respected as a straight shooter, someone I used to see at Catch trial 15 yrs ago, who has consistantly had working performers on hogs. It is set and I'm doing a first breeding very soon with one of my best proven producers to a linebred Rowe Pride Rock dog stacked with what I see as some of the best stacked Boss Hoss blood.......this is a total out cross breeding, never before introduced these two bloodlines......this blood is rare, way off the radar of bully breeders, and very limited in the standard breeders, its produced tons of working catch dogs, sport dogs and ch conformation dogs......I feel very blessed to be given the opprotunity to work with Eric Rowe, we have talked over the years and like I said he is the real deal and I can't thank him enough for entertaining this opprotunity. No one can predict what an outcross breeding will produce, but I am so excited to enter into this adventure.

Boss Hogg
was basically a Old Southern Catch dog, that worked on Jay Dorsey's Hunting Lodge as a catch dogs...his ability as a catch dog was legendary.

Here is his son Rowe's Max, also a proven Catch dog, his botoom side goes back to early Stover and dog that made up some foundation dogs of Scott/Painter

Max produced Rowe's Maxi, another proven catch dog

Rowe's Tank and other Max Progeny and 2 x Boss Hog

progeny of the progent Rowe's T Max..Multi shot's of Max, Maxi and Tank

here are more Boss Hog Progeny

just love this dog WOW

Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Boy .....Isnt Eric the Guy who had Black Bulldogs ?
poppabill
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be something to watch, poppabill
Nooner
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT !!!! HEY .. V .. YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY BROTHERS BOY !!! ... BROGAN !! SCOTTY SENT ME SOME VID ON THIS BOY HE IS A SUPER FREAK IN THE BUSH !! ALL DAY LONG !!! I WILL BE USEING .. BROGAN IN MY PLANS .. TAKE CARE ... KEN Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Cool
mister freeze
Lookout

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey V what are you calling Painter blood no dis to Joe ( RIP ) but he doesnt have a bloodline show me one ped with Painter name on 4 générations ............
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kennedy wrote:
Nice Boy .....Isnt Eric the Guy who had Black Bulldogs ?

Yeah he has had Black, he had a dog named Coal who was off an in bred Koura's Captian Crunch male. Bad ass dog I saw him catch back in 2000
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooner wrote:
NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT !!!! HEY .. V .. YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY BROTHERS BOY !!! ... BROGAN !! SCOTTY SENT ME SOME VID ON THIS BOY HE IS A SUPER FREAK IN THE BUSH !! ALL DAY LONG !!! I WILL BE USEING .. BROGAN IN MY PLANS .. TAKE CARE ... KEN Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Cool

Thanks Yea I'm excited about the breeding............ Where can I see your brothers dog
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mister freeze wrote:
Hey V what are you calling Painter blood no dis to Joe ( RIP ) but he doesnt have a bloodline show me one ped with Painter name on 4 générations ............

I should say Painter dogs, dogs 1 or 2 generations of his breeding.

Iron Axe Head Grandson of Sargent Rock is heavy inbred in one of his grand parents, there is a little bit of Kershners Screamer, a could Stover dogs, and a Bunch of Boss Hog, throught his old dog Rowe's Max = Boss Hog x Rowe's Nina

Those early Painter dogs, if their pedigrees are true at the tightest dogs down off the Original Dick the Bruiser. Dick the Bruiser was a Non registered Southern Catch Dog, just like Boss Hog not a tall proportioned dog, heavy muzzled, thick proportions, just like Boss Hog. Boss Hog was 75lbs dog, so was Dick the Bruiser aka Tiny as John D called him........I believe Johnson bred more towards the Sandman, King Kong blood for size, or possibly that is where the St Bernard cross started. Scott linebred on Dixieman = Dick the Bruisers son also a 75lb dog

Sargent Rock was proportioned similar and he had a heavier Muzzle than the Standard dogs of today, same with his mom

same with her dad Dixieman

even Mack the Masher and Sandman had heavy muzzles

BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowe's l;ine carry a consistant heavy head and bone, with a tight bite. Basic catch instinct has been his biggest selection pressure.......something I aspire to do in the future

BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Researching further on Thor, just through his Painter dogs Mabelle, Crusher, Zeke, Sargent Rock, Axe Head...........I counted up 102 shots of the original Dick the Bruiser.........Dick the Bruiser and Boss Hog make up most of his blood.......that has to be the purest strain of Dick the Bruiser around today. Dick the Bruiser and Boss Hog are the same type of Ole'Southern Catch dog
Alan Scott has told me all about the original Dick the Bruiser and his son Dixieman's Catch ability and Boss Hogs reputation is very well known. I feel these Rowe dogs are very close to what Scott and Johnson used as forndation dog, basically what the true Ole'Southern Catch dog..........both in function and temperament.

Boss Hog son next to DTB

Quartermoon Kennels
Lookout

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boss Hog is a good looking boy, he reminds me a lot of our boy snowman.

trueedge
Street Thug

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for sharing the video and info with us...definately some good catch dogs there. hope you keep posting up new videos
BHBulldogs
Street Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quartermoon Kennels wrote:
Boss Hog is a good looking boy, he reminds me a lot of our boy snowman.

Nice Boy I see what your saying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bullyvard Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: